Smashed up
Oh man, I'm so disabled after footy hey. We played at Macgregor Primary as the normal field was occupied with cricket players, and the ground at MacGregor is rock hard hey, even with shoes on.
It was a normal game until the other team made a break, so I ended up chasing. I was a fair bit behind and was gaining, however, not as fast as I thought, and he was getting closer and closer to the try line. So just before the try line, I went for the inevitable dive even though I didn't think I was going to get him as I was about 2m behind. Amazingly, I got his foot just before the line, and they didn't score after that, wahoo! One of my greatest sporting moments along side my A- for gymnastics and winning the MYF Amazing Race.
As a result of that moment of commitment and passion for my team, I received the following:
- grass burns on my upper right arm
- grass burn/scratches under my right boob
- painful left wrist (might be jarred or broken)
- sore left hip
- grass burn/scaring just above my hoo-hoo
- slight grazing on my right thigh
- 2 grass burns on my left knee
- grass in my pants, face, hair
- a slight limp when I walk
I think that pretty much covers everything. You might be thinking "that was sooooo not worth it" but I personally think it was, guess that's just how I work, I was taught at school to "never give up, never give up, never give up", so that was an example of that put into practice, and plus I don't like getting scored on. Anyways, I'll sleep good tonight, won't be able to walk tomorrow, and I'll have a discussion with Timbo tomorrow to see if he has any battle scars.
Today we had another Service with Rev Go, funny stuff that, anyways, something interesting happened during the service that has lead me to make the following statement:
"Sven should be banned from playing musical instruments to songs that excite him"
The reason I say this is that Sven was playing my guitar and as the service was coming to a close, he broke a string, fair enough, that stuff happens sometimes, although from his body language, it looked like he was assaulting my guitar rather than strumming it. When the dust had settled, I looked for my pick and it was found completely destroyed, lost all its limbs, completely GOOORNE! Sven, I think you need to take some sleeping pills before you play next time, hehe, its all good man.
We had a round of Daytona after lunch too, ah, the good ol' days hey, I agree with Kent in that games nowadays are too complicated, got to keep it simple like the day of old, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter 2, and the 8-bit consoles, ah, Nintendo, Sega Master System, although I preferred the Megadrive, classic stuff, you can't buy these types of memories, I think what I've mentioned above would define you as a teenage boy of the 90's.
Reflection Time (too much Rev Go).
It was a normal game until the other team made a break, so I ended up chasing. I was a fair bit behind and was gaining, however, not as fast as I thought, and he was getting closer and closer to the try line. So just before the try line, I went for the inevitable dive even though I didn't think I was going to get him as I was about 2m behind. Amazingly, I got his foot just before the line, and they didn't score after that, wahoo! One of my greatest sporting moments along side my A- for gymnastics and winning the MYF Amazing Race.
As a result of that moment of commitment and passion for my team, I received the following:
- grass burns on my upper right arm
- grass burn/scratches under my right boob
- painful left wrist (might be jarred or broken)
- sore left hip
- grass burn/scaring just above my hoo-hoo
- slight grazing on my right thigh
- 2 grass burns on my left knee
- grass in my pants, face, hair
- a slight limp when I walk
I think that pretty much covers everything. You might be thinking "that was sooooo not worth it" but I personally think it was, guess that's just how I work, I was taught at school to "never give up, never give up, never give up", so that was an example of that put into practice, and plus I don't like getting scored on. Anyways, I'll sleep good tonight, won't be able to walk tomorrow, and I'll have a discussion with Timbo tomorrow to see if he has any battle scars.
Today we had another Service with Rev Go, funny stuff that, anyways, something interesting happened during the service that has lead me to make the following statement:
"Sven should be banned from playing musical instruments to songs that excite him"
The reason I say this is that Sven was playing my guitar and as the service was coming to a close, he broke a string, fair enough, that stuff happens sometimes, although from his body language, it looked like he was assaulting my guitar rather than strumming it. When the dust had settled, I looked for my pick and it was found completely destroyed, lost all its limbs, completely GOOORNE! Sven, I think you need to take some sleeping pills before you play next time, hehe, its all good man.
We had a round of Daytona after lunch too, ah, the good ol' days hey, I agree with Kent in that games nowadays are too complicated, got to keep it simple like the day of old, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter 2, and the 8-bit consoles, ah, Nintendo, Sega Master System, although I preferred the Megadrive, classic stuff, you can't buy these types of memories, I think what I've mentioned above would define you as a teenage boy of the 90's.
Reflection Time (too much Rev Go).

4 Comments:
haha... i can tell u timey definitely has battle scars... and it looks gross... he sent me a photo -_-"
why is it that every single week of footy seems to result in at least one injury?
By
Anonymous, at 3:47 pm
hm... you always get injured playing touch once in a while o_O not my fault i take robertson state school's motto 'Achievement through excessive effort' a bit too seriously =I
but hey.. scars are the thing to have these days right ?
By
Anonymous, at 7:27 pm
i was on a streak of no injuries at footy until sunday, so it has been a while since i've scarred. playing barefeet used to affect my walking style on monday mornings.
throughout my 25 years of life, i haven't broken a bone, so i think that deserves an ARIA.
By
Anonymous, at 9:52 pm
here's my useless comment...
- lol.
there endeth my useless comment.
sven, dude, u gotta calm down playing them musical instruments!
By
Anonymous, at 11:33 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home