Long week
Man, it was another long week in Zef's life, I got lots of work done this week, but I'm still behind, never stops on that front.
Had a pretty interesting Friday, started off by suiting up in my "loading" shirt and jeans cos we had "Walk to Work Day". I usually get off about 50m from work, so I decided to get off at the mall and walk to work from there, other colleagues decided to walk 10km from their house, that's passion man. Got to the office before 8am and had a healthy breakfast with the rest of the crew. Worked till 10:30am when the sausage rolls, pies and cakes came out and had a morning tea to compensate for the healthy breakfast. Worked till lunch time when I had a chicken katsudon at everyone's favourite shop Hanaichi, followed by a lemon tea from Woolies.
Oh, while I'm on the topic of Woolies, there's a dude there who stands at the entrance and all he does is say "HELLO" really in-your-face, oh man, he brightens up the day heaps, sometimes he says "HOW ARE YOU?" too, funny guy.
I worked till 5pm when it was drinks time! Usually I'm the only one drinking non-alcoholic stuff when we go drinking, but one of my workmates has decided to stop drinking too, so now what used to be called "beer o'clock" is now "soft drink o'clock", dunno if it was my influence that he stopped drinking, strange things happen huh? Praise God that he's realised that.
Then I walked the earth till about 8:30pm (the city), looking for anything good to buy, but nothing I really fancy, I'll just wait till Singapore.
Bui organised a movie at SouthBank but before i headed off, bought another lemon tea from Coles, you should see all the empty bottles I have at home, my mum gets pissed that I keep bringing them home, haha.
Then I made the trek to SouthBank, where we stood around for a bit before the gang decided to go in and watch "The Departed". I couldn't watch it since I'd made a promise to my workmates to watch it with them, so I had to look for something else to watch....By myself. Had the choice of Boytown, Children of Men, and Crank, I didn't know much about Crank, so that was scratched, I was tossing up between Boytown and Children of Men, Boytown being a comedy, and Children of Men having Clive Owen, the bank robber from The Inside Man, who was cool as my newly air-con room in that movie. Ended up choosing Children of Men, it was too slow for me, and was left unfinished, too many things to think about, guess I didn't need that after a long week of work, but some of you might like it, I gave it a thumbs down though.
Then came home to listen to the latest office politics and happenings at Steffy's work, just can't seem to run away from politics, no matter what company you're in, the joys of work. After that, got a call up from Song for a bit of DotA, and we ended up playing -wtf mode with deathmatch, which means you have unlimited mana, I died heaps but got a few kills in there too. One dude ended up randoming the Skeleton King so whenever he died, he just kept resurrecting, so he could never die, classic.
Oh what a day, oh what a week.
Had a pretty interesting Friday, started off by suiting up in my "loading" shirt and jeans cos we had "Walk to Work Day". I usually get off about 50m from work, so I decided to get off at the mall and walk to work from there, other colleagues decided to walk 10km from their house, that's passion man. Got to the office before 8am and had a healthy breakfast with the rest of the crew. Worked till 10:30am when the sausage rolls, pies and cakes came out and had a morning tea to compensate for the healthy breakfast. Worked till lunch time when I had a chicken katsudon at everyone's favourite shop Hanaichi, followed by a lemon tea from Woolies.
Oh, while I'm on the topic of Woolies, there's a dude there who stands at the entrance and all he does is say "HELLO" really in-your-face, oh man, he brightens up the day heaps, sometimes he says "HOW ARE YOU?" too, funny guy.
I worked till 5pm when it was drinks time! Usually I'm the only one drinking non-alcoholic stuff when we go drinking, but one of my workmates has decided to stop drinking too, so now what used to be called "beer o'clock" is now "soft drink o'clock", dunno if it was my influence that he stopped drinking, strange things happen huh? Praise God that he's realised that.
Then I walked the earth till about 8:30pm (the city), looking for anything good to buy, but nothing I really fancy, I'll just wait till Singapore.
Bui organised a movie at SouthBank but before i headed off, bought another lemon tea from Coles, you should see all the empty bottles I have at home, my mum gets pissed that I keep bringing them home, haha.
Then I made the trek to SouthBank, where we stood around for a bit before the gang decided to go in and watch "The Departed". I couldn't watch it since I'd made a promise to my workmates to watch it with them, so I had to look for something else to watch....By myself. Had the choice of Boytown, Children of Men, and Crank, I didn't know much about Crank, so that was scratched, I was tossing up between Boytown and Children of Men, Boytown being a comedy, and Children of Men having Clive Owen, the bank robber from The Inside Man, who was cool as my newly air-con room in that movie. Ended up choosing Children of Men, it was too slow for me, and was left unfinished, too many things to think about, guess I didn't need that after a long week of work, but some of you might like it, I gave it a thumbs down though.
Then came home to listen to the latest office politics and happenings at Steffy's work, just can't seem to run away from politics, no matter what company you're in, the joys of work. After that, got a call up from Song for a bit of DotA, and we ended up playing -wtf mode with deathmatch, which means you have unlimited mana, I died heaps but got a few kills in there too. One dude ended up randoming the Skeleton King so whenever he died, he just kept resurrecting, so he could never die, classic.
Oh what a day, oh what a week.

2 Comments:
Whoa! Did I just read that you have AC in your room?
ALL RIGHT MAN!
You can totally face Summer head-on right now! :) Warm days are gonna be a thing of the past.
By
ally, at 1:50 am
enjoy the AC during summer...
i never thought i'd see you post about DotA like that...is it just me or are the beginnings of a geek appearing now?
then again, you can't beat me cuz I am a gee-dor-ner (all three baby). and proud of it.
hoooooooolllllaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By
Anonymous, at 5:56 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home