SNEEZING ARTISTE

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Extra rice and sauce

Just got out of the shower and while I was in there, I had a thought as I usually do whilst in the shower.

how did the extra rice and sauce concept begin at Hanaichi? There are no signs at the shop that indicate that extra rice and sauce on your chicken curry is free and they don't give you the option when you order, how did it start?

if anyone knows, please reveal!

by the way, still waiting for Bui to make his debut in the Hanaichi test team, bandana and all, reflection time now, lets all picture Bui at the back of Hanaichi, cutting up some fried chooks and adding the sauce, and don't forget the bandana!

another topic of discussion that was brought up at refreshments this morning was what side of the aluminium foil faces the food? I was having a discussion with Coh-lin-ah and Aunty Christine (Vanessa's sane mum) and she agrees with me that the shiny side should be facing the food to reflect the heat and keep it warm. The rest of the modern world seems to disagree, but I'm willing to change if someone can scientifically prove the correct method, I just want to know which way is correct when I need to al-foil my mee goreng.

time to do some church stuff now, night all

9 Comments:

  • lol. you think of weird things... random discussions...

    its interesting how in almost everything, someone has to pay that punk out.

    and who is "the rest of the modern world"?

    By Blogger steph, at 10:23 pm  

  • Yeh... that whole extra rice and sauce thing is a mystery hey! but who cares!!! FREE extra rice and sauce!!! woo hoo!!!

    and yeh... did a quick search about alfoil....
    From Wikipedia...
    Aluminium foil typically has a highly reflective side and a more matte side. This is a result of common manufacturing processes. As aluminium foil is easy to tear, the foil is sent through machines in pairs. The side where the aluminium foil was in contact with the other sheet is more matte than the exterior side. This unconformity of finish has led to the perception that favoring a side has an effect when cooking. While many believe that the shiny side's reflective properties keep heat in when wrapped on the interior and keep heat out when facing exterior, the actual difference is imperceptible without instrumentation.

    sorry for the length of that... but i felt it was an important issue. still would like to know some more detailed info hey hehe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 pm  

  • Wow, you're high up there in the tree of randomness. And I'm betting 67 watermelons that this blog will only last another 2 and a half blogs.

    I also think you only started this blog because you miss stef. Only lonely people start blogs.



    SILENCE



    I'm going to go sit by my diagram of the human skeleton.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 pm  

  • hahahahahahahahaha @ ness' comment...

    *thinks*

    wait a minute...that was why I set up my blog in the first place!!!

    *goes back to his corner, sitting silently and sulking*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 pm  

  • just to clarify with my comment...the reason that i'm talking about in my comment is in response to ness' line about "only lonely people start blogs."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 pm  

  • hey..

    colon asked me about the foil and i agree too! except for that stupid wiki...

    DIE WIKI! >=)

    AND... I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T THINK IT WAS ME! WHO ELSE CALLS YOU RONNIE (except stephie poo)?! definitely not francesca...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 pm  

  • oh and yeah i know someone who used to get a filet-o-fish without the cheese... so i guess u just have to ask to find out...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 pm  

  • as the banana expert, allow me to say that extra rice and extra sauce is just something that you KNOW.

    y'know?

    By Blogger ally, at 9:18 am  

  • so ally, you are not only the banana expert, but also the extra rice & sauce expert too?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home